- Hours cut to 20-24 hours per week.
- Days open per week cut to 4.
- One full-time position cut.
- Part-time Librarian position cut.
- Part-time Staffing cut.
- 1-2 Storytime programs per week cut.
- Book budget cut.
- Magazine subscriptions cut.
- Databases cut.
- Supply budget cut.
- Overdue fines increased.
- ILL fee increased.
This is the best case scenario... The worst case scenario is to simply close the Library, if the State "borrows" money from cities (as anticipated).
If you're unhappy about the proposed cuts, NOW is the time to speak up. Write, email, (or forward this blog post with your comments attached), to individual City Council members. And/or attend the next City Council meeting on June 3rd. After that, it will be fait accompli.