Attendees had to choose between inspiring sessions such as:
- Putting another Library Measure on the ballot.
- Creating a Library Foundation for long-term fundraising.
- Grassfoots fundraising ideas that can begin now.
- Creating more visibility for the Library.
- Consolidation of all libraries in Monterey County.
- Envisioning the Ideal Library for PG and the Future.
- "Who is Us?" - identifying the people, in PG & beyond, who use the Library.
- Creating a tactical plan to implement identified goals.
The Museum was humming with enthusiasm, creativity, expertise and ideas. As one young advocate shared during closing comments, "With all these ideas and all these people who care, I'm sure the Library will stay open. I'm not going to let it close."
Stay tuned for more comments and reports from the Summit, as well as opportunities to get involved!