- The Library is now open only four days a week, for a total of 24 hours. (Click here to see the new schedule.)
- Late fines will increase to 25 cents per day for children and young adult materials; 50 cents per day for adult materials.
- The Thursday morning Storytime program has been cancelled. (See The Children's Calendar for the new storytime schedule.)
- Interlibrary Loan Service may not continue, (due to reductions in part-time staff). It is temporarily limited to 1 request per person, per week. And the fee will soon be increased to $3 per request.
- The Reference Desk will no longer be fully staffed. (The recently hired part-time Librarian position has been cut.)
- Lines may be longer at the Circulation Desk. (A full-time Library Assistant retired and was not replaced.)
- No money was allocated for books and other materials, so there will be fewer new purchases, and longer waits for best sellers and high interest materials.
The staff deeply regrets any inconvenience these changes may cause you. We are committed to serving you as well as we can, considering the limitations of a reduced staff and budget.