Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Featuring Bluesy Harmonica, Fresh Squeezed Accordion, Ocean Drum, Rain Stick
with an assortment of wacky percussion instruments.
Who is in the Band? Audience Members of Course!!!
2 pm in the Children's Room
Friday, June 25, 2010
A similar measure appeared on the ballot last November, and was narrowly defeated (by approximately 30 votes).
What makes this measure different?
- A Steering Committee of concerned citizens drafted this measure based on a thorough analysis of city and library finances. (Last year, the measure was drafted by City Staff.)
- The amounts of the parcel tax have been reduced: from $96 to $90 for each parcel; and from $75 to $45 per unit for multiple units.
- There will be no cost of living increases. The tax will remain at the $96 and $45 levels for 10 years.
- An independent citizen's oversight committee is designated to annually audit how the tax monies are used.
- The measure specifies the City augment the parcel tax with General Fund monies. 2.83% of the Total General Fund budget is to be allocated annually to the Library. (In FY 2010/11 dollars, that would amount to $420,000.)
The Steering Committee worked diligently, with City Administration and the City Council, to create a measure that responded to residents' suggestions and the fiscal realities of what it costs to restore Library hours and services. We applaud their hard work.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
As approved by City Council, the following Library fees will increase:
- The overdue fee for adult materials will increase from .25/day to .50/day.
- The interlibrary loan fee will be $3/per request.
- These are the first fee increases in more than 10 years.
- The overdue fees at Pacific Grove Public Library are now the same as at Monterey Public Library.
- The overdue fee for children materials will remain the same: .25/day.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Sing a Song ~ Tell a Story ~ Share a Joke ~ Dance your Heart Out ~ Paint a Picture ~ Do a Skit ~ Wear a Costume ~ Show your Video ~ Play an Instrument
Share Your Talent!
Wednesday ~2 pm ~ in the Children's Room
Monday, June 7, 2010
Immediately afterwards, in the arcade, is a ribbon cutting celebration for Kykat Publishing. You may have read about Jeanne Osio and her daughter Lisa Osio Lavin in The Herald. They've published their first book together, Flying Pieces of Macaroni & Cheese. Stop by between 3-6 pm to meet them and buy their book. 25% of proceeds will be donated to the Library.