Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
Termite damage prompted the project. Monies from the Library's Building & Equipment Fund will be used to pay for it. And carpenters expect to finish the job by the end of the month.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
The Board is asking for A Resolution of the City of Pacific Grove Declaring the Intention of the City Council to Continue Its Efforts to Support the Library.
The Resolution presents the facts that:
- The Library is a department of the City.
- The City has already reduced Library funding by more than 50%.
- The City has proposed a special tax to provide funding for the Library.
- The tax, if approved by voters on November 3rd, would generate approximately $630,000 a year, (for 10 years), for the Library.
The Library Board is requesting the City Countil to:
- Encourage citizens to vote for Measure J.
- Acknowledge that the proposed tax, if approved by voters, can only partially fund the Library at the desired level of service.
- Continue its efforts to financially support the Library.
- Confirm the City's responsibility to maintain Library facilities.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
The Library did not open at 11 am, due to safety concerns (there were no lights in the building). However the staff remained, working by windows and flashlights, until the power came back on at 1:20 pm. The Library's doors were promptly opened.....but only for 20 minutes, when the power went out again.
At 2 pm, City Hall directed staff to close the building and go home. We hope all of you are staying warm and dry today, and that we'll see you later this week.
[photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gwen/2174957090/]